14 March, 2018
Aims of the workshop:
Fostering innovative solutions on the Great Vilna Synagogue site commemoration, involving young, motivated, creative youth for the most relevant ideas to be generated and applied. The proposed ideas will cover both the contents, architecture and the future complex.
– generating solutions that would fit the needs of the future generations,
– involving young generation into the commemoration project of one of the
most significant cultural monuments of Lithuania,
– strengthening multicultural, democratic values in the society,
– reinforcing the image of Vilnius as a cultural hotbed,
– stimulating international students’ cooperation,
– promoting Lithuania as an open, culture cherishing country.
Students and their tutors from Lithuania (VU, VGTU, KTU, VDA), Israel (Tel Aviv university, Ben Gurion university), Poland (Warsaw university) have already confirmed participation.
Camp program involves:
– Lectures for the participants about the history of Vilnius, of the Great Synagogue, the Shulhoif, the local Jewish community and its role in the Jewish history and in the history of Lithuania.
– Curators’ work. Managing the students’ practical creative work – before and after the workshop.
– Practical work. “Brain storming” sessions for the commemoration ideas, producing the architectural models, evaluation of the ideas, proposed ideas’ exhibition.
Join us, if you wish to contribute in any form – this a beautiful opportunity to become part of a modern enlightenment movement.
Anna Avidan, email@example.com
Julijana Leganovic, firstname.lastname@example.org