14 March, 2018
During the inspiring international conference we had in September 2017, where the issue of the Great Vilna Synagogue site presentation was raised and discussed widely, the idea of creating an intellectual center based on the history of the site for humanistic ideas to be promoted, was born and widely approved. Having now a strong support from the Vilnius city Mayor, we continue developing the project and invite students from all over the world to come to Vilnius and to take part in brainstorming sessions (Hackathon) to find solutions that would be attractive for young generations. Join us, if you wish to contribute in any form – this a beautiful opportunity to become part of a modern enlightenment movement.
Aims of the workshop:
Fostering innovative solutions on the Great Vilna Synagogue site commemoration, involving young, motivated, creative youth for the most relevant ideas to be generated and applied. The proposed ideas will cover both the contents, architecture and the future complex.
– generating solutions that would fit the needs of the future generations,
– involving young generation into the commemoration project of one of the
most significant cultural monuments of Lithuania,
– strengthening multicultural, democratic values in the society,
– reinforcing the image of Vilnius as a cultural hotbed,
– stimulating international students’ cooperation,
– promoting Lithuania as an open, culture cherishing country.
Students and their tutors from Lithuania (VU, VGTU, KTU, VDA), Israel (Tel Aviv university, Ben Gurion university), Poland (Warsaw university) have already confirmed participation.
Camp program involves:
– Lectures for the participants about the history of Vilnius, of the Great Synagogue, the Shulhoif, the local Jewish community and its role in the Jewish history and in the history of Lithuania.
– Curators’ work. Managing the students’ practical creative work – before and after the workshop.
– Practical work. “Brain storming” sessions for the commemoration ideas, producing the architectural models, evaluation of the ideas, proposed ideas’ exhibition.
Join us, if you wish to contribute in any form – this a beautiful opportunity to become part of a modern enlightenment movement.
Anna Avidan, email@example.com
Julijana Leganovic, firstname.lastname@example.org